Author Topic: Moke External Mirror Spacer  (Read 349 times)

winabbey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Moke External Mirror Spacer
« on: July 25, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »
I'm hoping someone can lay their hands on one of the spacers (part number MYH404) used in the external mirror assembly. I need to know the precise dimensions so the part can be re-manufactured.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Moke External Mirror Spacer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
Hi,
Found them  :)

The 2 bolts are 1/4” unf: 1 x 1.5” long, 1 x 1.25” long 

Cheers
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:54:01 PM »
If it's any help, I replaced mine many years ago with sections of 1/2" (12.7mm) standard copper water pipe, painted black.

It is exactly the correct outside diameter and the advantages are that they cost me nothing, were very easy to make, and will never rust.

Only disadvantage is that the wall thickness is much thinner than the original, however I've had mine on and off several times over the years and the reduced wall thickness has ever been a problem.

I actually upgraded the bolts on mine to 5/16" UNF which allows you to tighten them up a little harder, and may or may not add to the rigidity of the assembly. Admittedly, I mainly did this because the female threads were in poor condition, so it enabled me to cut new clean 5/16" threads.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »
I actually upgraded the bolts on mine to 5/16" UNF which allows you to tighten them up a little harder, and may or may not add to the rigidity of the assembly. Admittedly, I mainly did this because the female threads were in poor condition, so it enabled me to cut new clean 5/16" threads.

You may not have the standard wiper motor bracket that has captive nuts on the mirror mounting bolts to hold it in place.

Winabbey is asking on behalf of Mini King who want to 're-manufacture' to original specs so probably not the same demographic as people happy to use a but of plumbers off cut. :)

Terry

winabbey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »
Many thanks everyone. A great helpful community here as usual.

John Smidt (The Mini King) is looking to have them remade.