Author Topic: The BMC Experience final issue  (Read 1144 times)

Watto

• Standard
  • Registered Member

The BMC Experience final issue
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »

Issue 22 of The BMC Experience magazine has been posted out to subscribers last Friday and is already starting to be received. It will be on-sale at newsagents in Australia by this Friday.

This is our final issue, as it is no longer viable to continue to publish the magazine. Falling subscription numbers, increasing costs, the theft of the magazine through pirate websites, the on-going difficulty with getting enough advertising and the continually appalling service but increasing costs of dealing with Australia Post, mean it has all just got too hard.

As detailed in the magazine, we will not be shafting our subscribers. All Australian subscribers who still have outstanding magazines will be refunded on a pro-rata basis of $10.50 per magazine outstanding (the full cost of of their subscription). All overseas subscriptions will be refunded accordingly as well.

However, these refunds will begin being paid in July and could take a few months to be completed - all will be paid by the end of the year. Please be patient, as we have over 800 subscribers who are due refunds, so it will take time, but you will get paid.

Alternatively, you can take your refund as a credit against any of our merchandise. So, if there is a book or DVD, etc that you would like then now would be a good time to get it. For example, if we owe you $21 (two issues) and the book is $49 plus postage, then you will only have to pay $28 plus postage. Call or email us if you wish to take advantage of this offer.

Thankyou to all the people and businesses who have supported the magazine over the years.

Special thanks to my wife Jayne and children Tony and Eilish for their undying support throughout all my efforts.

Please be assured, though, that the business will continue - our business name is Autofan Media - and we will continue to sell merchandise (books, DVDs, models, etc) related to the BMC-Leyland brands of cars through our website and at many car shows.

Depending on the level of interest, I am also looking at writing a series of books on the history of various BMC-Leyland brands of cars in Australia. More information is in the final issue of the magazine, and will be posted from time to time on this website.

ozmini

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: The BMC Experience final issue
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
Sad to see Watto - always enjoyed reading the Mag. Helped teach my No.1 Grandson his numbers and letters reading number plates in it and continuing with No.3 (No.2 missed out as he lives 500kms away). All the best for your continuing Autofan Media work and will catch up with you out and about somewhere in our favourite little car.

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
onya Watto best wishes, and thanks.
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

BMC_Project

• Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »
Hi Watto,

We are currently restoring a 1960 BMC bus and I am very interested in learning the history of BMC buses in Australia. Unfortunately I couldn't find your website where you mentioned posting info of possible book series. Could you please direct me to where I could find this.

Thanks so much!

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 09:52:47 AM »
Hi,

Craig hasn't been here since 2018 so is unlikely to see your message.

Try his FB page, https://www.facebook.com/bmcexperience

Terry

Pavel cz

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 05:04:00 AM »
Hello guys, I found this holy grail ! I think I have one of these limited special export models at home in middle of Europe after all the years.

Do you think you can help me with this issue? Is here anybody so kind that he can send me this magazine to Czech ? Of course I will pay him all the costs and magazine etc. That would be best. If this is not possible, maybe somebody can make me a photos or scans of this article about Export Mokes and send me digital ?!

Thank you very much, I cant reach this here in Europe. Thank you !