Author Topic: MOKE 79  (Read 164 times)

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

MOKE 79
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »
Hi moke enthusiasts. I've just purchased a 79 Moke. I figure here is a good place to be for all things Moke.  I hope to share my journey and ask some questions.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: MOKE 79
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »
Welcome aboard,
Lots of all things Moke here.
Cheers
Halfpint
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:12:16 PM »
Thanks Halfpint. I'd put a pic up if I could figure out how. Arranging transport from NSW to VIC at the moment. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Steam

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »
Welcome.
I would hire a trailer and go up yourself.
Cheers, Dave

moemoke

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Moe, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »
Welcome.
I would hire a trailer and go up yourself.

or for the more adventurous, get a lift up and drive it back  8) either way a road trip is always fun

to post photos have a read of maddogs how too,  https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=7527.0
A bit more complicated that the usual social media sites but easy once you get the hang of it (a bit like adjusting drum brakes)
1976 Moke 1275cc (Dynky),
1976 Moke(Scarlet) current project,
1974 Moke with Suzuki GTI motor (project), 
1975 Moke rust bucket,
1967 Moke rust bucket

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
The car is unregistered so driving down is out of the question and the trailer option is too time consuming plus not that much cheaper once you factor in the trailer hire, fuel and accommodation.
I've found someone that will transport the car in an enclosed truck. For me, that works best as it comes with a new roof that hasn't been fitted on yet. It'll be collected on 18th March and delivered to me 19th March. So there won't be any unloading and reloading. The company has been really responsive and helpful so far so fingers crossed all will go smoothly.
The car does run but has been sitting idle for a while. There is rust along the top join of the drivers side , side panel.
The car is a bit of a project but I'm hoping it will be ok for a roadworthy so I can register and have some fun in the remaining warmer months of Autumn. If not, I'll start getting it ready to tackle the visible rust and any rust that's not visible. Possibly a full strip down.
First, I'll get it home and stare at it for a while.  :)

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 11:44:14 AM »
Added pic to profile. Best I can do for now.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 03:14:47 PM »
Good on ya, it’s a good idea to get it running safely and drive around for a while to see how everything runs/ feels/ sits etc. Then you have a chance to tackle a few things on a bit of a priority list over winter.

Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
My Moke arrived last night. Very excited. A bit of work ahead for me by the look of it. Some rust. Engine runs fine but blows a little smoke.