Author Topic: New member,uk  (Read 387 times)

Shaun78

• Standard
  • Registered Member

New member,uk
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »
New member,hello from UK,I have a 1978 Australian moke that I am restoring,its a 998 engine,the engine not in a bad state but the body needs work.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: New member,uk
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:39:31 AM »
Welcome Shaun
Always good to hear about a Moke being restored.
Cheers
Halfpint
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 10:52:28 AM »
Hi Guys,

How did all these Mokes get to the UK, did Leyland export them officially from here?

PS. We want them back.

Cheers
Dave

Davemelb

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 11:47:59 AM »
Hi Shaun. Looks like we're both going to be doing the same thing with similar mokes on opposite sides of the planet. I'm going to be working on a 79 moke that sounds like it might be in a similar condition. Dave

Shaun78

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »
The moke body has had a new front panel and front wings put on,I am now in process of putting in rear hull sides and rear floor,then after that new front floor pans,going to keep me busy for a while.i didn't know there were so many mokes still in Australia I was out there in 2019 visiting family and didn't see any but it was your winter.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 09:37:54 PM »
Hi Guys,

How did all these Mokes get to the UK, did Leyland export them officially from here?

PS. We want them back.

Cheers
Dave

One of your fellow Queenslanders brags about sending around 800 Mokes to the UK over the years, and that was in 2009 and I know of two others who were regularly sending Mokes to the UK but not that sort of number. And they are watching our trading sites as a UK business regularly lets me know when they see something I might be interested in or look at something for them.

An average Moke will get better money int he UK or the US than it will here, unfortunately, so more will leave our shores.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:38:18 AM by Terry »

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 06:14:43 PM »
Hey, I'm only an imitation Queenslander, I live at Cherokee in Victoria!  I just work up here.  But i have to confess the winters here are amazing Moke driving conditions and whoever designed the roads was a Moke driver, or maybe into motorcyles.

Hmm, if they can ban live sheep exports perhaps they can ban Moke exports.