Author Topic: Moke id help please.  (Read 482 times)

Picko

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Moke id help please.
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:16:45 PM »
Hi all I have some numbers off the compliance plate and wondering if anyone could id the little beasties for me. 11/80 and the numbers are.
Akfpb19y/101690. I can look tomorrow there in a chassis number stamped on the rad panel. Little hard to make out may have to sand it back. Orig colour 998 cali ..? Looks like a 4 on seat cap but hard to see.
Cheers
Alex

moemoke

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Moe, Victoria
Re: Moke id help please.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 09:37:00 PM »
The main numbers are the F, B and the 19, the F means it's a Californian (P is the other option which is for a Standard moke)
The B is for 998 motor the other option is D which is for 1275, the were no 1100's fitted to this model moke.
the 1is for right hand drive, if it was 2 then Left hand drive.
the 9 is for what is generally called  a facelift model (introduced later '79) but it was in fact a whole new body made from zinc coated steel, the body has a few differences to an 8 model, longer side fill tank (no side boxes on passenger side), longer windscreen frame with side screens bolted to the side of screen frame, extra vertical grooves in rear panel, I'm sure there are others.

the number stamped into the rad cowl should be the same as the 101690 number on compliance plate.
1976 Moke 1275cc (Dynky),
1976 Moke(Scarlet) current project,
1974 Moke with Suzuki GTI motor (project), 
1975 Moke rust bucket,
1967 Moke rust bucket

Picko

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »
Thank you. I cleaned the numbers. They match and the a small plate with a 6 od digit code. And a deluxe colour plate yellow devil.
And idea on the trim level this may be...?

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:52:01 PM »
Hi,

as Moe mentioned the F means it is in Californian trim so it should have sliding/folding front seats in blue denim material, two rail bumpers, sunraysia wheels.

Terry