Author Topic: Sunshine Coast/ South East Qld Moke Owners  (Read 82 times)

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Sunshine Coast/ South East Qld Moke Owners
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:08:17 PM »
Hi Guys and Girls,

I am relatively new to Moke owning, 3 years approx, I live on the Sunshine Coast Qld.  Being a Moke owner I have developed a weird mental  radar that seems to help me find Mokes and their owners all over the Coast.  There seems to be quite a few Mokes up here, so to get to the point of this message, why do we not have a regular Moke get together for monthly? weekend drives? 

I am thinking day drives around the coast area to overnight adventures further afield.  Perhaps  the odd service day for people needing help with Moke "issues".  I have a reasonably well equipped garage that I am more than happy share.  I'm sure there are others with similar setups.

What I need from  local Moke owners is some feedback about how you all feel about this.  Can we actually organise an initial day drive, even if only 2 Mokes turn up, it will be a start.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact me here via PM.

Cheers
Dave

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Sunshine Coast/ South East Qld Moke Owners
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 11:00:26 PM »
Well done Dave,
Sometimes it just takes someone to put their hand up.
Time is something we can all be short of, but lets hope you can rally a few and then others will tag along, like the SMOG group around Sydney., 
Good luck with it, hope I can join in one day. Wasnt so long ago we were regularly up your way. And as regular visitor, saw quite a few Mokes out and about.
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Steam

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:12:32 PM »
20 years too late, unfortunately.
Lived at Caboolture and used to regularly drive Maroochy, AH and Glass House
. Ah well, a former life.
Well done for puttingt out there.
Cheers, Dave

Picko

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
Hi .I'm in warwick . But would be interested. My mokes in rebuild stages but I'd like to do a drive even to help ppl with repairs, lend a hand ect.
Always keen to learn new things.
Cheers Alex

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 02:10:48 AM »
Thanks Guys,

All we need now is a couple of people that want to drive their Mokes and we're on our way. 

I know what you mean HP, time is my enemy as well but sometimes you just have to say F... it, lets do it.  Now if we can just get Covid to leave us alone so we can have a get together.

Alex, Warwick is just down the road perhaps we can use Warwick as a destination for one of these drives?  A Moke get together is a fantastic way to learn from other people about your Moke, pitfalls, shortcuts and how to's.  I know I have learnt so many really helpful things about Mokes just from talking to other Moke owners.

Cheers
Dave