Author Topic: Cape York 2012  (Read 1669 times)

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Adelaide, South Australia
Cape York 2012
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
Hello Members

I would like to start a thread to show expressions of interest joining me on a trip to the top of Australia - Cape York in mid 2012. That sounds like a long way off but it is only a bit over 18 months away.

Cape York is a long drive from SA or even further away depending where your from, and for me will be a 4+ week trip that I will need as much notice as possible to arrange leave from work, etc. (not to mention getting a Moke to the mechanical standard necessary for such a long trip)

I have never been north of Brisbane QLD so I am really interested in seeing the sites and would be wanting to visit coastal towns, rainforests, etc, etc and would encourage anyone who is interested to be included in the planning of the trip.  Terry has completed the trip before and can provide plenty of good advice when planning out the itinerary, at the very least, if he doesn't decide to come.

I thought that this maybe too early to throw out there to you all - but I need the whole 19 months to organise everything from car to cash to make the trip and figure you might too.

Terry has the Icons Outback tour next year which may be a great introduction into Moking long distance and give you an idea of what to expect on a big trip.

Feel free to add to the post    ;)

Paul
sa mokin

Follow the discussion about this trip here ... https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=7493.0
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:28:44 PM by Terry »

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke