Author Topic: Re: Hobart MiniFest November 2011  (Read 1152 times)

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Hobart MiniFest November 2011
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
Are any northerners thinking of coming to Hobart in early November for Mini-Fest? I just had a look at the notice on the website, its appalling they need to get a new ad writer http://www.minitas.org.au/minifest.php

They have a number of events but primarily its a Mini show, and its huge. They get around 200 Minis and never quite enough Mokes. I guess we won't have the mainland tourists this year to boos tnumbers, but there should be a few new local Mokes this year and there are going to be some really good ones amongst them (not like the time they were scratching to find enough decent ones that they gave me a trophy for 'Best Restored'). The weather in early November is usually a bit changeable but all of the previous ones have been pretty good. The show is always followed by a big convoy through town with the Mokes leading the way.
Here's a photo of the Mini Club website.

Tim

1951 Morris Commercial J Type Van
1955 BSA C11G
1961 Morris Mini Traveller
1969 Triumph TR6R
1977 Leyland Moke Californian

Driving a Moke with a hardtop is like having a shower in a raincoat.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Re: Hobart MiniFest November 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:41:48 AM »
Hi,

I did have a chat to James when he was over here for Winton a couple of Months ago about organising another group tour to take in MiniFest, but now it clashes with the Woolly Weekend so even less likely to get people to go over the big river.

Terry

PS You are right about the copy, lucky you have a captive audience down there. :)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Re: Hobart MiniFest November 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
Seems to be a clash of topics here, however yes to both.
I will be going to Minifest in November.
And yes IMD, my recommendations are that we meet in the usual spot at Invermay, say 10am. if day is not Moke weather then we have a cup of coffee and talk about our gathering/convoy for Australia Day 2012, if weather is okay then we travel up west Tamar, thru Frankford highway and back to ETC at Elizabeth Town for lunch and then head home. Just my thoughts, and will do anything just to drive the Moke.

Thought Moke My Day had a good point with the above post in the Tassie IMD thread, so I've split the posts relating to the Hobart MiniFest into their own thread here.

Newie