Author Topic: Gulliver  (Read 31876 times)

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Gulliver
« Reply #765 on: January 18, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
Of course Pete, Tyres are very important and there arent that many with a heavy wall to suit a 13" rim.
And Thanks Darryl, your advice is always intuitive and very welcome  ;)

Looks like Im going to have to wait a bit longer to go for a run, high temps continue right along the Murray River and as much as I'd like to go Moke Glamping , 40 degree day forecasts make for uncomfortable leisure times  ::).

HP

Experiencing the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.
"As a Moke owner, you have a heightened awareness of Mokes in your environment, they were always there." 

https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=4727.msg161920#msg161920

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #766 on: January 19, 2019, 03:22:21 PM »
I think different versions run different ply numbers in side wall - but prior to knowing that - i haven't heard of any staking events in any form.
I did a lot of research on the light truck tyres before I made my purchase in August and I am going to write it up for Mokewerx but I found LT tyres are mostly 8ply. Specifications either had no mention of the # of plys or they said 8 ply. The plys don't really apply to the sidewalls but they are much sturdier than car tyres.

I went for the Falken Linam R51 which were in the higher price range but look less like Truck tyres than others available. I have been very happy with them, particularly in the wet where I was advised of some other cheaper brands tend to be very slippery in the wet.

Interestingly it changed the way I drove in that I was more cautious on the bitumen but a bit gung-ho on the dirt roads feeling my tyres were invincible. :)

Terry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:15:57 PM by Terry »
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
« Reply #767 on: February 09, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »
what was the problem with the car lights on your last shake down run to Melbourne?
Terry

Well, turned out that one of the screws I used to mount the Anderson plug had squashed and shorted the tail light wire 
that runs through the channel::), Ive shortened the screw and hopefully the wire is ok, so far so good.

Boydie and I were planning to test the campers just a few K's up the road on the Murray River, but Alpine asked if we could give him a hand so we decided to stay the night at the same time up around Mt Beauty.
It all worked great, and I guess we will always be tweeking things, but all in all Im really happy with it.
Only thing is, Boydie was set up and beer in hand 4 or 5 minutes before me  ;D, geez those hard top campers set up so quick and easy.
Something else I had to fix was the exhaust. The tail pipe came out directly below the tow bar and I was a bit worried that the exhaust was too close to the trailer wiring that all runs down the draw bar RHS. Done a cut n shut to direct it away from it all.

Interestingly it changed the way I drove in that I was more cautious on the bitumen but a bit gung-ho on the dirt roads feeling my tyres were invincible. :)

As it should be Terry  ;), I havnt had mine long enough the make a call yet, but the run up the mountain was no problem with grip on the windy bits.

HP
"As a Moke owner, you have a heightened awareness of Mokes in your environment, they were always there." 

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
« Reply #768 on: February 10, 2019, 07:50:20 AM »
Should have added this pic out front of the "Ranga" on the way out to Alpines place.

HP