Author Topic: Beware of Denim Seat Cover Sales on eBay  (Read 2972 times)

spider

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

Re: Beware of Denim Seat Cover Sales on eBay
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Maybe he gave the feedback before seeing his trimmer?
Old Moker's never die - they just smell that way

It's not whether you win or loose but how you play the game.

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
I am entitled to my opinion bbqdoctor but I am glad you are here and decided to weigh in to the thread....   :D

Yup - you screwed me good - $355 for stock you then offer at $200 - you can say tough luck all you like - and I can draw attention your business practices and leave feedback the Moking community can read.

I wonder how many of the members here like hearing that someone is trying to take advantage of us?   I can tell you that:

- the denim seat covers are not an exact match in vinyl design (the denim) to the original - nor are they exact reproductions of the originals - which I have and can compare.  I also approached a well known auto trimmer here in Adelaide who declined to fit them for me due to the quality - and said it wasn't worth risking their reputation over.

You could have:

- offered me a discount
- offered an apology
- offered to refund my money if I was unhappy

What you said was... Look M8 wether you bought the covers a week or to months ago they are the
regular price at 320.00, I have the right as a bussiness to have sales when
ever I choose and when its the end of a financial year to clear your the
one acting like a smuck... grow up.

And I replied - That's ok - it was $355 - and I have the right to spread the good word
about your services and products. Word of mouth is an effective way of
marketing your services. I will tell everyone who will listen of my
experiences with you. There is a 100 Moke owners who won't purchase from
you. Good day.

Which is what I did   ;)

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
Maybe he gave the feedback before seeing his trimmer?

That is exactly what happened spider - I still have them sitting in a bag - any takers at $355?    ::)

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke

• Registered Member

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »
no thanks, I can buy the same bad quality on evilbay at 1/2 the price

mavro

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
Hi,

there are two sides to every story and we have heard from both parties now.

If there is a genuine dispute about the transaction it should now be looked after by the Ebay resolution process and not  on here.

Terry

PS. This thread has been 'reported' to the moderators by one or more people not involved and is being discussed.

• Registered Member

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
So Why would someone be upset by this thread
Everyone is playing nice.
If something goes wrong like this, isn't it nice to know about it before loosing
So much money.

I still can't see why people get upset so quick

Jack
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:26:48 PM by Terry »

Moke2b

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    3 Mokes were too many...
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
This forum is not for sledging or running people down.
80 Californian Moke project

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »

I don't think either occurred - we are talking about products and business practices - I didn't say or read anything regarding sledging or running people down.  If discussion can not occur around Moke related items then what is the point of the forum?

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »

Very true Moke2b.

On the other hand, if someone is unhappy with a product, I guess people want to know and it should be OK to put it up here so long as it's explained in a calm, mature manner what the problem is. Ideally, as in this case, the other party can respond with their side of the story.

So please think before you post (everyone) and ask yourself if you are adding something constructive to the discussion.

I can't see anything wrong with the thread so far, but warning bells are ringing and if it degenerates into bitchiness and sledging, posts will be deleted and the thread locked in need, but I think everyone would be better served if it can be discussed without resorting to that.

All we're interested in on here is whether or not a product is as described, fit for the purpose and what the seller is like to deal with. If both parties state their cases, it's then up to everyone to make up their own minds.

Newie

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
Thanks Newie - well said

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke

IslandMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
I'm with you SA Mokin. How else does the forum members know who is doing the right thing. Guess feedback on Ebay is an option.....but those who do not know and buy the Ebay covers could avoid the whole thing by information on this site.

Homey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »
I think Newie says it perfectly.
1980 Californian  "Percy"

moke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing what other buyers think of the covers as his feedback seems good. There must be other buyers on here?
I notice he's now selling denim hoods.
Dean
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door - Joe Walsh

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
G'day,
      I have refrained from saying anything until now but its got the better of me. This forum is for and about, mokes and mokers and their antics with their mokes. With that also comes the recommendation for good businesses and the bad, so that fellow mokers are forearmed. I personally have had a bad experience with a company and over time reading between the lines others have too but that place has never been mentioned. This day and age you can't name names for obvious reasons, but if i was asked privately by pm i'd be happy to share my thoughts. This is how it should be. If i bought a set of dodgy seat covers from ebay i'd let people know.... I bought a set but they are crap for this or that
reason so be mindful if you are thinking of buying a set. Its then up to me to fight for what i think should be done about it elsewhere not here.
I too have bought stuff and then seen it in the cataloge the next week on sale. It hurts sure, but its tough luck not much you can do about it.
SA you where happy with them and the price when you bought them so says your feed back ( along with a lot of other happy customers by the look of it). You also can't blame your upholsterer for being negative about fitting covers he didn't make of course his going to pick them to bits.
    Also Island moke you are an upholsterer, So why did you weigh in? Is it because he is competition? So be it. Thats business. Get over it.
Every one knows i have spares and like helping people out and i have sent stuff all over Aust and os not just to the people who ask via the forum but via pm all the time. Do you know how many times i have sent things and not even got a thank you or an offer to pay the postage?
I don't name them or have a big whinge i just won't help/deal with them again. I'm sick of the whinging, the negativity because someone wants to trailer thier moke to an event or thinks a windscreen price is too dear. Get over it people. Every body is different everyones circumstances are different. Not everyone can cough up the money to buy the best and have to do with second hand or the cheaper option SO BE IT! its THEIR
BUSINESS.
         Please lets get back to the spirit of the forum

Biggles

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
G'day,

SA you where happy with them and the price when you bought them so says your feed back ( along with a lot of other happy customers by the look of it). You also can't blame your upholsterer for being negative about fitting covers he didn't make of course his going to pick them to bits.

Biggles

Although I do not agree with you Biggles, I do respect your right to free speech and your right to say what you think.

Your comment about my feedback I left for the seller is incorrect - I was never happy to pay the price but saw it as an alternative to a bigger quote a trimmer gave me to do them from scratch.  I leave feedback for sellers the minute I receive an item which lets them know I received and was happy with their delivery service.  Like most of us - I bought the item well before I had the opportunity of finding someone to fit them.  I didn't want the seller to wait for confirmation that I received them.

No names were mentioned, no slander was committed. 

What I don't like is my right to free speech being violated.  My father and grandfather fought for that right and their mates died for it.  I should be able to say what is on my mind, especially on this forum when it pertains to Mokes/Moke parts/ or anything having to do with Mokes.

My consumer rights have already been violated as the seller does not accept refunds which is against the law but I have chosen to cry about it rather than pursue it as a legal matter.  I passed on my consumer experience to the members here and they can make their own decision as to whether they do business with this business or not.

I appreciate it when I am warned to stay away from a particular product due to quality - I hear Timkin bearings or nothing, but I don't read another manufacturer crying foul or anyone complaining about it. Certain tyres, and other parts are all mentioned with regularity here.  Just because the product in question is not made by a big company has nothing to do with it.

If the moderators of this forum think this is all inappropriate then remove the thread, but I suspect a great many members will at the very least feel that the censorship is not what our society is about, and certainly not the Australian way.

My two cents.

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke