Author Topic: Beware of Denim Seat Cover Sales on eBay  (Read 2971 times)

mokezilla

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

Re: Beware of Denim Seat Cover Sales on eBay
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Mine fit great  ;D

mokezilla

• Registered Member

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
It does suck that the price has been droped from $350 to $200 but we have all been there (the laptop that I'm typing on now decreased by 30% in 2 weeks since buying it)

but saying that $350 is still a good price for 2 complete seat covers

the material isnt 100% as far as colour match (a black line throught it instead of white but is very minor)

stitching is on par with the original seats, single stitch with the same size thread with a foam backing

I'd like to thank bbqdoctor for providing a cheaper option for restoring moke seats (due to the limited amount of sales) he isnt going to get rich doing this.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:41:54 PM by mokezilla »

Darth Moke

• Registered Member

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Mine fit great  ;D

classic !!!!! just classic !!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bbqdoctor

• Registered Member

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
G'day,
      I have refrained from saying anything until now but its got the better of me. This forum is for and about, mokes and mokers and their antics with their mokes. With that also comes the recommendation for good businesses and the bad, so that fellow mokers are forearmed. I personally have had a bad experience with a company and over time reading between the lines others have too but that place has never been mentioned. This day and age you can't name names for obvious reasons, but if i was asked privately by pm i'd be happy to share my thoughts. This is how it should be. If i bought a set of dodgy seat covers from ebay i'd let people know.... I bought a set but they are crap for this or that
reason so be mindful if you are thinking of buying a set. Its then up to me to fight for what i think should be done about it elsewhere not here.
I too have bought stuff and then seen it in the cataloge the next week on sale. It hurts sure, but its tough luck not much you can do about it.
SA you where happy with them and the price when you bought them so says your feed back ( along with a lot of other happy customers by the look of it). You also can't blame your upholsterer for being negative about fitting covers he didn't make of course his going to pick them to bits.
    Also Island moke you are an upholsterer, So why did you weigh in? Is it because he is competition? So be it. Thats business. Get over it.
Every one knows i have spares and like helping people out and i have sent stuff all over Aust and os not just to the people who ask via the forum but via pm all the time. Do you know how many times i have sent things and not even got a thank you or an offer to pay the postage?
I don't name them or have a big whinge i just won't help/deal with them again. I'm sick of the whinging, the negativity because someone wants to trailer thier moke to an event or thinks a windscreen price is too dear. Get over it people. Every body is different everyones circumstances are different. Not everyone can cough up the money to buy the best and have to do with second hand or the cheaper option SO BE IT! its THEIR
BUSINESS.
         Please lets get back to the spirit of the forum

Biggles

Well thankyou all for your comments on how a buisness should be or shouldnt be run, what is right and what is wrong to do.Now if you would like to hear my side of the story as this topic has been blown all out of proportion,and also a few untruths as well..but before we start it out i would like to inform you all that i am a fully qualified automotive/marine trimmer of 23 years.Yes it is true there was a sale of $355.00 for a set of denum blue seat covers,as there has been plenty of, on average we sell between 6 to 15 sets weekly,all round Australia even the UK,we had a large order from an uk reseller of multiple units, so to make the order of all the sets we had to buy in many rolls of this materials,and buy the way the denum material is twice the price of regular vinyl.order was filled despatched all happy.we were left with a considerable amount of materials left, so my wife and i decieded that i would make 20 units of each and post them on ebay at a reduced price, and passing on the saving to fellow moke owners.we made the sale of 1 set order was filled despatched several days later positive feedback was left buy the buyer and i think for memory it was along the lines of,AAA+++excellent thanks for making them available ,so some three to four weeks later i get an msg through e bay from the customer wanting to no why the price had gone from 355 to 200,so i replied and let him no that we had a sale on as it was end of financial year etc etc .we got many msgs from him that day, with different kind of abuse, at no point did he ask for a refund, exchange, return, just abuse of which we still have it all and i can post it if you if you wish.But seing that is was a sale it kind explains itself.At no point was i rude to the customer AT ALL.We are not in buisness to do the wrong thing nor to offer a second rate product, i have spent a very long time making patterns for all these moke seats, and i have them all, and they fit fantastic as you can see by the feedback on ebay, i have Never Ever had a problem with any of my workmanship...i am a fellow Moker and i own 4 of them, as well my daily driver is a 1275  moke californian ute and yes i am very passionate about them.as for the qoutes that the materials are from china etc made in china all incorrect Denum vinyl as the black vinyl and now white is coming soon, it is all made here in AUS, as the 12mm foam is to the cotton that i use is from a company called Australian threds,and the contact cement thats between the vinyl is made at bostic, the leather markers that i use are made in germany thats all.the covers are all marked out here in sydney bonded onto 12 mm foam and sewn up by Me, on my Singer 132k6 walking foot machine of which i have 2 one for sewing the piping and one for the flat sewing.Sorry if this seems like a short story but i just wanted everybody to know my side.I do apologize if i have upset anyone for having a sale, i just thought i could pass on a great deal to fellow mokers but dont worry the price will be back to normal in the next few days as there all nearly gone.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »
OK, now both parties have had more than enough opportunity to have their say, as far as the Forum Custodians are concerned the topic is closed! Any further discussion is just likely to degenerate into a "he said, she said" scenario that will add no further value. People will have to make up their own minds from here who is right or wrong and if SA and BBQ Dr still have issues, they will have to deal with them outside this forum.

We have been bombarded with feedback over the past couple of days regarding this thread and none of it has been positive, so it looks like some policy changes may have to be considered.

Newie