Author Topic: NSW Illawarra - Windy Roads Galore - July 29th  (Read 2764 times)

appache

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: NSW Illawarra - Windy Roads Galore - July 29th
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
Those cyclists were seriously moving!

I actually wondered if I would  be able to pass them when I finally got the chance!

As all have said, it was a great day - even if it was rather brisk in the highlands (note to self - avoid the highlands for moking during winter!) We're all looking forward to seeing the route map for what Samm has planned for IMD!

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
Hi Moe,

That fuzziness hasn't happened when resizing photos before..... the camera was set to 24mp and the photos were anywhere in the vicinity of 8 to 10 mb and sharp to begin with...... I resized them down to the required '<147 kB' in a hurry in order to get them posted before the run was forgotten about... I did it using the Microsoft Office Picture Manager..... although I do also have Photoshop CS5. I hadn't tried to post pics before that had to be downsized that much..... what should I have done?

Mazy

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
We're all looking forward to seeing the route map for what Samm has planned for IMD!

Whoops! Did look it up again but forgot to post.
Will get on it the next couple of days when I get a chance.

Samm

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Hi Moe,

That fuzziness hasn't happened when resizing photos before..... the camera was set to 24mp and the photos were anywhere in the vicinity of 8 to 10 mb and sharp to begin with...... I resized them down to the required '<147 kB' in a hurry in order to get them posted before the run was forgotten about... I did it using the Microsoft Office Picture Manager..... although I do also have Photoshop CS5. I hadn't tried to post pics before that had to be downsized that much..... what should I have done?

Mazy

Not used the MS Office Picture Manager. :)

Use CS5 as it will do a much better job or if you get them under 1mb then the Forum software will do a pretty reasonable job.

For best display if you use CS5 to make the images 600px or 640px wide and a resolution of between 72, 150 or 300ppi should give you a good image and fit under the limit and then whatever you upload is how they will appear.

Looks like a good drive and I like the water crossings but with a nice hard base you should go a LOT faster :)

Terry

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »
My Artiste daughter has just given me a program that is way better than Photoshop for compressing photos of the ridiculous 10mb size that I have and which will render them suitable for posting with no visible loss of quality due to the compression ... we had a play with some pics and there was no comparison .... so my mission tomorrow (later today !) is to replace my blurry posted ones with better looking specimens  :)   (That will at least make me happier  :) )

smokey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    SMOKEY
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
      Things don,t have to be very technical for this it stuff to beat me but Mazy you have your titles up but i don,t seem to be able to get the photos and the same thing in around the garage on GulliverThere is blank where the photo should be. I am wondering if changing to Mac has something to do with it

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »
Hi Smokey,

I can't see anything wrong, but maybe your Mac has the wrong settings or something  ???

All over my head too, so I've asked Terry to have a look at it for you when he gets a chance.

Newie

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
***Newsflash***

I have now gone to the effort of replacing the photos with slightly better versions for those interested in going back for a second look  :) :) :)

.... I can live with these ones!

Mazy

The Welder

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
Much better Mazy :D, I've cancelled my appointment with the optometrist.
"The Welder"
1978 1100cc red hardtop at the moment.

smokey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    SMOKEY
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »

Looking good now Mazy.Daughter has fixed my problem too ,apparently adsl 1 had slowed and luckily the modem for adsl2 arrived today also, so all is good.Hopefully next time you will have one of a big cat catching the rat!

appache

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
Lucky you guys have daughters to straighten you out eh?!

Those photos definitely look nicer Vicki!

And Terry, there was an evil big bump at the finish end of one of the water crossings - made us slow down a tad...

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
Thanks Welder.... it's aMazying what a difference a day makes  ::)

And Smokey, I'm glad your problem is solved too, but you were lucky you didn't see my previous photo post   :) :)

And I just saw your post Aimee...  we're ahopin' her arty skills might provide us with a comfortable retirement one day :)  (yeah, tell me I'm dreamin'.... I know kids don't do that)

Mazy