Author Topic: Cape York Trip Starting Point  (Read 1416 times)

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Adelaide, South Australia
Cape York Trip Starting Point
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:52 AM »
Hello Mokers

Well, our Cape York Trip is starting a little later than planned - but it is going ahead despite what some of you may be thinking....

HP is getting his rego sorted and he and spider will be heading to Adelaide tomorrow with a Wednesday afternoon arrival.  With all of us starting with brand new running gear - motor, gearbox, diff - this will give them time to break them in!  I will prepare the shed for a series of oil changes when they arrive.

sa mokin is pulling all the loose ends together to be in a position to leave with them on Thursday morning when we will head out early (hopefully) to Leigh Creek - with a morning brunch with Mavro in Port Augusta.  Then off Friday morning on our way to Birdsville, QLD - and so on.

I can't wait to see the new Mokes arrive in Adelaide, and I am especially interested in what they will look like fully loaded up with gear .... As the pile of my gear is ever growing and the Mrs. reckons there won't be any room for the driver!  Maybe I will need to rig up a Top Gear special with a chair on the roof I can steer from.... ;D

Be sure to check back as I will be updating a new thread called - Cape York 2012 - Moke Adventure with daily updates and pics ...  ;)

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke