austmoke

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Tamworth  (Read 5820 times)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Meanwhile in Tamworth
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
Hi,

Some images for Thursday have been provided thanks to Samm and MoeMoke.

Terry
I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »
Hi,

Friday update and photos are online.

http://main.mokesinc.org/tamworth-round-up-2012/13-friday

Terry
I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Cujo. 1999 - 2016

mokeenetty

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »
Meanwhile back Home  ;).  What a Fantastic weekend. Top work to all involved in putting such a great gathering together.THANKYOU HEAPS 8). We arrived back in Tenterfield about 6pm. Wet from Deepwater but that was the only rain we experienced over the weekend. Some fullon water fights curtusie of Young Andy & his co-pilot ( and I do not understand why I kept coping it ;)-was very suspicious when my doors disappeared before we headed off on Nundle run..LOL). Was brilliant to catchup with those we did. Met many new faces and that's always a treat. Would love to have more time to catchup with more, but had to rip home for work tomorow. Weekend went very quick & we had to make tracks home after lunch today.
Terrific to have the Cape York Trip team join the weekend,well done Guys. Safe travels everyone as you disperse on your travels home.
Would love to see some of you at Ron's next weekend here in Tenterfield. Have added info in events if your interested. P.M. me if you would like more info. Netty (the tickled to get a  prized Trophy :P

Jonezy

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    1980 rebuilt and owned since 1993
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »
Made it back yesterday safe and sound.

Just :o
Looks like i was about to blow a head gasket. :'(

Big thanks to all involved in organising the event,
It was great to put a face to a name and we all had a ball.
Thanks again
Daniel
Mark Twain - “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
I too just stumbled through the front door. Both Ainsley and I had a beaut run home. To echo what others have said- thanks again to all those involved in organizing the event and to the participants for rocking up and helping to make the memories.

I'll update my thread with my Roundup report and some happy snaps.

Samm

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
Well home actually. The Minibeast and I arrived home safely and still running after taking the tourist route through Wollombi. Thanks to all for a great weekend. I have learned heaps about my Moke, and a special thanks to Terry for his magic ignition key turning. Thanks to all the organisers and a special thanks to all those who gave the Minibeast a push start after every stop on Friday untill Terry worked his magic. ;D ;D

Look forward to catching up again.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

Moke2b

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    3 Mokes were too many...
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »
Well we have started our journey home - got to Armidale and turned right to head to Coffs Harbour, The first part of the road was a nightmare towing a trailer but it came ok after Ebor on the Falls Way.  But with out a doubt one of the prettiest drives for scenery i have EVER done.  Simply stunning, then you hit the Pacific Highway and it goes boring.  Caught up with Mr & Mrs Dave G in Dorrigo at lunch on their way home.  Leaving Dorrigo you quickly desend over 600 meters in a distance of probably 10-12K's on a really steep and narrow road and cool waterfalls which splash down the rockfaces next to the road and go under. we are now doing Nat's side of the holiday with a couple of days on the coast before heading home

Satuday Morning?

Thanks to all who made an effort to come all the way to Tamworth to spend the weekend with me.... :P

BIG thanks to the organisers who made it happen.

80 Californian Moke project

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
G'day Guys,
           Ruth and I travelled back today with Team Mazy
getting back home around 5'ish. Where i proceeded to
lie down and crash. I've only just got up where real life
has just hit me with the realisation that a fantastic week
is over and i have to go back to work tomorrow :'(

Biggles

sa mokin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
Arrived back in Adelaide today with Mav.

What a great time I had!  Loved meeting everyone and putting faces and names together.

Thank you to Newie, Greg, and all who were involved in the event. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
 ;)

1980 Californian
1976 Moke  (CYM)
1972 Export Moke

Casper

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
Penny and I made it home after a clear run all the way, 7hrs and 5 min with stops. The moke didn't miss a beat  :D :D

Thanks to all, it was great meeting up with everyone and a big thanks to Newie and the team for a great event!

Casper

now I'm going to crash....
1977 Californian

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
Qip and I have just arrived in after spending most of the day at Moke Central and running round town with Newie returning things borrowed for the Round Up.We finished the day with the monthly KMC meeting and then had a pleasant drive up the Moonbis. I am too tired for dinner ! Many thanks to all who came &  made it a great week.

...Greg.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »
Only just arrived home myself  :)

Possibly could have packed up quicker I guess, but a few chats between the work  ;D

Greg and I departed this afternoon about 4.00 and herded This Little Piggy and Terry out as we went, leaving Moke Central clear of all Mokes tonight  :'( :'( :'(.

We both did a few other jobs around Tamworth before attending a Kootingal Motor Club meeting tonight, so I've only just unloaded CB and I'm assuming Greg is only getting home about now too.

A huge thanks to all for all the appreciation expressed both during and after the event. Also thanks to everyone for turning up and getting into the spirit of things - no matter how much we organise,  the event is only as good as the participants.

We were once again blown away by the incredible distances that all of you travelled to get here. Apart from the organising team (who all live almost an hour away themselves  ::) ) the closest participant was Team Mokee"Sook"Netty  ;) who travelled about a 750km round trip to arrive late Friday night and leave just after lunch on Sunday. At the other end of the scale was Moke My Day with over 3,000km and Vern and Julie from Loxton in SA at about 2,500km, and of course the Cape York Trippers who went out of their way to time the end of their trip to coincide with our event and added an extra few days to their already massive amount of time and kilometres away from home.

We had people from every state except WA and NT  :o

Also thanks to Terry, Moe, Samm and others who have kept everyone else up to date on the event. I certainly never had time and haven't looked at a computer since last Tuesday.

Just to clear things up for those who are not aware, although I seem to be the public face of the event that everyone recognises from the forum as well as the last Round Up in 2010, I did get a hell of a lot of help from a lot of people for which I am truly grateful.

I would however specifically like to point out that Greg (KootingalMotorClub) has put in at least an equal amount of time and effort in setting this up and during the running of the event! He more than deserves equal credit for making it all happen and I'm afraid this may not have been apparent to a lot of the attendees as I was the one who did most of the shouting talking.

It certainly would have been way too big a job for me to do on my own, and everyone who helped out at the event was kept on the hop, but it was all worth it to see everyone (including us) having such a great time  :)

Will put more up later, but I seem to be a bit tired for some reason   ???

Glad to hear about all those who made it home safe and hope all the rest get there too without breakdowns or problems.

Newie
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:50:14 PM by Newie »

smokey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    SMOKEY
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »
     Morning Steve And Greg
           Had a drive around the caravan park yesterday morning as i left but could not see you about for a final farewell but can only thank you both again for the amount of work you both had put into everything .When you stop and think about every event you can see how the hours added up.Again a very big thank you from Jack and myself
            Smokey
      Ps   came back via Gloucester   Great drive in a joke 

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »
Sorry we missed you at the end Smokey. We were out and about dropping off borrowed marquees.

Great to catch up with you again and hope to see you again somewhere soon.

Give my regards to poor Mrs Smokey who had to miss out  :(

Newie

spider

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
Along with all the other well wishers here, Mrs Spider and myself also add our collective thanks to the list, especially to the back-ground guys like KMC and This Little Piggy, who made a BIG impression on me (I'm sure in time, that will heal  ;))

Just super to meet up with some familiar faces and see a whole heap of new ones, loved every minute of it.

The trivia organised by moke2b and Maddog was a heap of fun.

now I'm going to crash....

Oh mate, don't do that at this late stage.
Old Moker's never die - they just smell that way

It's not whether you win or loose but how you play the game.