Author Topic: Mokefest 2013- Sydney to Perth via Melbourne  (Read 961 times)

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Mokefest 2013- Sydney to Perth via Melbourne
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »
Hi all,
Thought to start this thread to get some ideas rolling.

I know what I plan may not fit in with some people's time off etc but I thought I'd rough out my plans for now and we can either form smaller convoys or make our plans known to others.

I personally am considering heading down the Melbourne first and heading across to Quorn with those from Melbourne and Victoria.

If the meeting day is planned for 16th September in Quorn for a 17th departure I would hazard a guess at an easy ?2 day jaunt from Melbourne. So that would involve leaving Melbourne on the Saturday prior. (Terry if you have any roughed out plans for the Melbourne people please make me aware)

I would take 2 easy days to drive down from Sydney initially and hope to have 1-2 days in Melbourne to catch up with anyone available and to sort out any bugs if any arise prior to the longer stint across the Nullabor.

So I would be looking at leaving Sydney on the 9th or 10th September to head down to Melbourne.

The option is for me to do that or come home and spend a few days in Melbourne however I think by the end of the trip I'd be more than happy to keep going just to get home.

As my return trip plans are still unknown (train, car carrier or drive are the current options) I will stick the above for now.

I would prefer to drive with a few other companions so if the dates need to move a bit in either direction than I'm flexible. I have applied for leave from the 9th but get a bit of leeway with that.

Thoughts?

Samm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:55:23 AM by Terry »