Author Topic: Ipad and Android app for forum  (Read 1394 times)

Hobohome

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

Ipad and Android app for forum
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »
Hi,
I just wondered if you have or would consider adding support to the forum for the Tapatalk app that is very popular on iOS and android devices. It allows interaction with the forum without using a browser.
As I understand it, it is a fairly simple plug-in that takes the admin just 5min to install.
You can read about the process here http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=smf

Cheers
Travelling this great country since 2003 (and love'n it )
www.hobohome.com

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Ipad and Android app for forum
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
Hi,

I had a quick look at it last year when the issue of iDevices and uploading pictures came about and at the time it was reportedly causing issues. I have had a quick look at it today and downloaded the latest version of the plugin for the the SMF software.

Just in the couple of quick reads I had this morning there seems there is still some limitations that may make it incompatible with this Forum in the way it handles images but when I get a moment or two I shall load it up and see what works and what doesn't.

Terry

martin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
For what its worth I use my Android tablet to look at the forum with no problems

Martin
Retired Stormtrooper

Axel

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
Hi,
I just wondered if you have or would consider adding support to the forum for the Tapatalk app that is very popular on iOS and android devices. It allows interaction with the forum without using a browser.
As I understand it, it is a fairly simple plug-in that takes the admin just 5min to install.
You can read about the process here http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=smf

Cheers

+1 - I would really appreciate this as an app like tapatalk is really useful for keeping up with posts.