Author Topic: Tourist parks in Perth  (Read 4344 times)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Tourist parks in Perth
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
SD,

Thanks for the update on Coogee. I suspected there was no camping at the park as their map I downloaded seemed to be just cabins and sites.

Thanks.

If you are still wandering around Perth and have chance to visit any of the others on list i would appreciate your opinion.

Terry

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
Most of the tourist parks don't seam to have camp grounds were to pitch a tent unless it is on concrete just a thought  we might be able to book enough cabins to share the accommodation expense, because most of the prices for concrete tent sit is $45-$50 plus more money if there is more than 1 were it costs $200 to sleep up to 6-8 people go figure. Just a thought  :)   
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »
Most of the tourist parks don't seam to have camp grounds were to pitch a tent unless it is on concrete just a thought  we might be able to book enough cabins to share the accommodation expense, because most of the prices for concrete tent sit is $45-$50 plus more money if there is more than 1 were it costs $200 to sleep up to 6-8 people go figure. Just a thought  :)

Which parks have you looked at don't have tent/camping sites?

Terry

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
Just a quick ring around on those four at the top they do have tent sites central only has 4 the others have a few more but september is a bizzy  month. The others have a few more such as kingsway and kaqrrinyup, price range from $35-$40 per night max 14 night .Swan valley no answer. We need to pull our finger out to book I think.
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Moke 71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »
Sorry if already mentioned somewhere but how many nights in Perth?
Moke 1971
Moke 1976 - Daily
Moke 1978 Californian
Moke 1979 - AKA Thomas
and too many round nose minis

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
Hi,

Would probably be Wednesday night through to at least Saturday night and most likely people will stay Sunday night otherwise they would need to travel around Sunday's activities with all their gear.

Terry

LS1380

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    The "Molested Moke" Perth WA.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »
SD,

Thanks for the update on Coogee. I suspected there was no camping at the park as their map I downloaded seemed to be just cabins and sites.

Thanks.

If you are still wandering around Perth and have chance to visit any of the others on list i would appreciate your opinion.

Terry

Terry-Let me know which ones that you would like to check out,and I will go for a drive.
Is there anything in particular that you want to know about the Camping Grounds?
Allan.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:48:22 PM »
Hi,

I have heard back from Perth Central and they have no cabins, just powered sites available. Apparently we are competing with the National Dance Championships that week.

Still have to hear back from the other three on the list.

Terry

SaharaDust

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Hi

Terry we have wandered back over East ATM - found a hole in the fence

Cheers

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
Hi,

I have been chasing up accommodation options in the west this week and although there are a few places that still have cabins available, they tend to fail on the Moke Central idea of having somewhere to gather around like we have had in Tamworth and Wagga. Two of the parks under consideration are jammed into the suburbs and although they have a camp kitchen there is no greenspace and access is via a boom gate so that makes mixing with the locals difficult. Also being peak holiday time they are going to be full and that generally means not being as flexible as they might in a quieter time.

So I have been looking at booking a House for all of us to stay in as a group with plenty of green space and little access restrictions. This is not your typical 3BR holiday home and we are jamming everyone in like a nasty budget backpackers on the beach, but an historic two storey place in the Swan Valley, where incidentally Maddog's Sister use to be an orphan, sorry I mean boarder, there in the 70's, Swanleigh.

You can have a look at the venue here, http://www.swanleigh.org.au/, and I will post up some images and a few more details shortly in another thread about this particular place.

It cost $28 per night, is Jack friendly just for us, has catering a service that can do breakfast, packed lunches and dinners as a group if we wish, has a small kitchen with fridge for milk and the tea and coffee etc but not allowed to self cater ourselves by order of the council. There is pool and plenty of big grassy areas and activity stuff and rooms we can hire to hang out in and maybe bore the locals with images of our crossing.

The rooms have a range of bed numbers,with the majority being two bed rooms and there is one room with 5 beds and few with 4 beds. Three separate lots of toilets and showers so we can have male and female and guest options.

Also it is a couple of km's from one of the tourist parks under consideration, therefore if you would prefer your own private quarter and the usual motel/cabin style fare and just drive around to join in when you feel like it.

So for the people going, a quick show of hands please of those who would consider staying in the House at Swanleigh.

Yes, happy to share the annoying habits and smells of my fellow Mokerists for a few more days.

or

No, I would prefer us all in a caravan park in cabins and tents.

or

No, I would prefer to be around the corner in my own somewhat expensive cabin while others stay in the house.

There has been no decision or booking made anywhere yet but I would like to make a decision soon so please answer sooner rather than later and if you are bring the missus or the mistress (and yes I have lead two trips where guys brought along their lady friends and left the wife at home!!!) you may want to check with them first about sharing a house. See the separate post for more details about Swanleigh.

Terry

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 05:42:37 AM »
G'day Terry,
          Put Ruth and i down for a 2 bedroom at swanleigh.

Biggles

Moke 71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 06:00:08 AM »
I am happy to sleep anywhere. Currently sharing a room with 8 blokes so sharing a room with 4 or 5 will be fine.
Moke 1971
Moke 1976 - Daily
Moke 1978 Californian
Moke 1979 - AKA Thomas
and too many round nose minis

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »
Yes me and Sabrina down as well for 2.
Cheers Ian
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »
If Swanleigh is seen as the best option for Moke Central then I'd put my hand up for a Single room...

Mazy

smokey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    SMOKEY
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
 Yes we would be happy with a room at Swanleigh Terry if it gets the vote

Smokey